Coptic SCRIPTORIUM (Sahidic Corpus Research: Internet Platform for Interdisciplinary multilayer Methods) is a collaborative, digital project created by Caroline T. Schroeder (University of Oklahoma) and Amir Zeldes (Georgetown University).
Support for Coptic SCRIPTORIUM has been provided by:
- The National Endowment for the Humanities Office of Digital Humanities and Division of Preservation and Access
- The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF; partner project KOMeT)
- The Department of Linguistics, Georgetown University
- The Institute for German Language and Linguistics, Humboldt University in Berlin
- The University of Oklahoma
- Grants from the Pacific Fund, Faculty Research Committee, College Research Fund, and Department of Religious and Classical Studies at the University of the Pacific
- Canisius College
- Caroline T. Schroeder, Professor of Classics and Letters, Digital Scholarship Initiative, University of Oklahoma
- Amir Zeldes, Associate Professor of Linguistics, Georgetown University
- Lance Martin, the Catholic University of America, Digital Humanities Specialist (2019-), entity annotations (2018-)
- Luke Gessler, Georgetown University, architecture and infrastructure (2018-)
- Elizabeth Platte, Reed College, Digital Humanities Specialist and Project Manager (2015-19); Senior editor and encoder/annotator, translator (2013-)
- Rebecca Krawiec, Canisius College, Senior editor and encoder/annotator, translator (2013-)
- Christine Luckritz Marquis, Assistant Professor of Church History, Union Presbyterian Seminary Senior editor and encoder/annotator, translator (2014-)
- So Miyagawa, University of Göttingen, Senior editor and encoder/annotator, translatortranslator (2014-)
- Elizabeth Davidson, Southern School of Energy and Sustainability, editor and encoder/annotator, translator, treebanking (2016-18)
- Marina Ghaly editor and encoder/annotator, translator
- Janet Timbie, the Catholic University of America, editor and encoder/annotator, translator (2013)
- Eliese-Sophia Lincke, Humboldt University
- Bridget Almas, Perseus Digital Library, consultant for SCRIPTORIUM (2014-)
- Alain Delattre, Assistant Professor, Department of Languages and Literatures, Université libre de Bruxelles; Papryi.info.
- Eitan Grossman, Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics and the School of Language Sciences, Hebrew University.
- Marco Büchler, Head of the eTRAP Research Group, Institute of Computer Science, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen.
- Maged S. A. Mikhail, Professor of History, California State University, Fullerton, and Managing Editor of Coptica, the Journal for Coptic Studies.
- Ellen Muehlberger, Professor of Near Eastern Studies and History, University of Michigan.
- Joshua Salyers, University of the Pacific Digital Collections Librarian.
- Laura Slaughter, Associate Professor, Centre for Scalable Data Access, Department of Informatics, University of Oslo.
- Janet A. Timbie Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Semitic and Egyptian Languages and Literatures, Catholic University of America.
C. Schroeder and A. Zeldes gratefully acknowledge the following individuals and organizations for their contributions to the project:
- The Corpus dei Manoscritti Copti Letterari (Coptic lexicon and other materials)
- Stephen Emmel, University of Münster
- Eric E. Johnson
- Tito Orlandi, Ph.D., Sapienza University, Rome; the University of Hamburg
- The ANNIS team at Humboldt University for providing so many customizations
- David Brakke, the Ohio State University
- Alin Suciu, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- The Göttingen Coptic Old Testament Project
- The Database and Dictionary of Greek Loanwords in Coptic (Leipzig University, Freie Universität)
- Diliana Atanassova, FWF Project P22641-G19 "The Canons of Apa Johnannes the Archimandrite," University of Salzburg
- PATHS. Tracking Papyrus and Parchment Paths: An Archaeological Atlas of Coptic Literature, Sapienza University of Rome
- Institut für neutestamentliche Textforschung (Münster)
- Perseus Digital Library
- Open Philology
- Research Data Alliance (providing use cases)
Former members of our team:
- Mitchell Abrams, Georgetown University, editor and encoder/annotator, translator, treebanking
- Emma Manning, architecture and infrastructure (2016-19)
- Shuo Zhang, architecture and infrastructure (2015-17)
- Dave Briccetti, programmer and consultant
- Dana Robinson, George Fox University, editor and encoder/annotator, translator
- Anthony Alcock, University of Kassel, translator (2015) David Sriboonreuang, University of the Pacific student, intern and project manager (2015)
- Lauren McDermott, the University of the Pacific student; TEI encoder and HTML programmer (2013-14)
- Alex Dickerson, the University of the Pacific, student; TEI encoder and programmer (2013)
- Luke Hollis, Archimedes Digital, consultant and programmer for canonical referencing system (2014-2015)
- Yanrui Liu, M.A., University of the Pacific, repository and website managment (2014-2015)
- Edwin Ko, Georgetown University, annotation interface development (2014)
A project bibliography is available at Zotero